me avoiding people.
made this for commencement on thursday in solidarity with assata & also cause fuck you, grad school.
So when there is a warrant for my arrest and I need to escape from highspeed chase.
Oh my shit
Muhammad Ali (via specialnights)
Yes! This is when they tried to draft him into war during the 1960s.
This is amazing.
I might be…
10 Signs That You’re a Writer
- You constantly edit. Whether it’s while you’re driving down the street and pass a misspelled sign, or grammatical errors in Facebook posts, you fix errors constantly in your mind—and sometimes not so silently.
- You’re highly observant. And not only do you notice things all the time, but you file them away in your I could write about this later folder.
- You often ask, “How could I describe this?” You don’t ignore your life experiences—everything from walking outside during a torrential downpour, to burning yourself while cooking, to taking the first bite of a piping-hot homemade chocolate chip cookie can be used in your writing, and you often pause to think about how you would describe it in words.
- You have a hyperactive imagination. There’s never a dull moment in that head of yours—your imagination is always working on overtime to keep you entertained and give you fresh ideas.
- You feel inspired to write after reading a good book. Enough said.
- You often daydream about your WIPs. Your characters never completely leave you— they walk alongside you throughout the day and give you new ideas when you least expect it.
- You feel guilty if you haven’t written anything in a while. What a “while” is depends, but after a writing hiatus, a part of you begins to demand that you get back to the keyboard and reprimands you if you don’t.
- Grammar jokes are funny. Well, they are.
- You can’t get enough books. After all, every new book is a couple hours worth of inspiration.
- You keep doing this writing thing. It doesn’t matter if you’re not published, if no one else cares if you continue to write, if you don’t make a penny off of the words that you put on the page—none of that matters, because you’ll continue to write anyway.
10 Signs by Writability
Reblogged from Writers Write
1. A selection of television programs you do not care for.
Any reality show that exists. I despise them ALL… (with the except for T.I. and Tiny and Braxton Family Values)
2. A selection of musical artists you do not care for.
I literally change the station anytime Rihanna comes on. I refuse to listen to her music. I’m also not a Sade fan and Jill Scott is hit or miss with me (mostly miss).
3. A selection of celebrities you couldn’t care less about.
The list of celebrities I actually care about would be sooooo much shorter. I don’t care about most of them. But the Kardashians quickly come to mind.
4. A hobby you “don’t get”
Anything life threatening like skydiving or bungee jumping. Just seems silly and reckless.
5. A habit you find disgusting.
When guys randomly spit… and throat scratching. Ugh.
6. Something in school you really liked doing that everyone else bitched over.
“Sustained Silent Reading”… and big projects. I loved doing projects.
7. Your favorite household chore.
Probably mopping or vacuuming.
8. Popular video games that make you go “meh”.
Almost all of them. If its not Sonic, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., Mortal Kombat or Tetris, I’m probably not interested.
9. PC or MAC?
Either. But Apple Products are overrated. Most people don’t actually need them; just status symbols.
10. A sport you don’t like, for whatever reason.
I think Boxing and Wresting are both stupid.
11. A sport you really like, for whatever reason.
Dance (it is a sport dammit). I also like basketball and a few other sports that I don’t voluntarily watch, but find interesting when I’m forced to watch.
12. Television programs you love but have gotten shit for liking.
I love Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother… and I watch Roseanne… basically, all the “white shows” I like. People swear I’m so afrocentric all the time.
13. Musical artists you love but have gotten shit for liking.
That list is so long, but TEVIN CAMPBELL is without a doubt #1.
14. A hobby you have/find interesting that other people bother you over/make fun of.
I don’t know, I like doing a lot of weird shit, I guess.
15. A habit you have that other people bug you over.
My “accent”, random “sound effects”/ voice animation… and I make A LOT of facial expressions.
16. Something in school you hating doing and it felt like everyone else loved.
Getting recognized at award ceremonies & gossiping and picking on people.
17. The household chore that makes you want to shoot your own face off.
Probably folding clothes and cleaning the tub… you have to really get up in that bih…
18. A selection of video games that you enjoy that perhaps you really shouldn’t.
Everything I like is awesome, that’s why I like it.
19. A celebrity crush that maybe even you don’t understand.
I was/am soooo attracted to Don Cheadle, Ryan Toby (from City High), Rajon Rondo, Shai LeBouf, Tevin Campbell, Michael Jackson and Smokey Robinson (Smokey can still get it)
20. Free rant on whatever grinds your gears at the moment.
Ain’t nobody got time for that… (Yall don’t even see what I did there)
The First Instagram Biography from Natalie Massanet of Net-a-porter.com
A good thing to remember, when you’re on the climb…